Please read the following guidelines before submitting your play:
- We will only read scripts by writers who are based in Scotland, unless that script has been previously professionally produced. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions regardless of content.
- Scripts can be submitted in English, Scots or Scottish Gaelic. If submitting a Gaelic script, we would be grateful if you could fill in the submission form in English and tick the relevant box to indicate that your play is written in Gaelic, so that we can process your script more swiftly.
- We are only able to accept plays written for the stage. We are also unable to accept extracts or incomplete drafts of plays.
- After submitting your play, you will be redirected to Survey Monkey to answer some questions which will help us monitor who is engaging with us in order that we can ensure we are connecting with as diverse a range of writers as possible. Please note that this information is separate from your submission and will NOT be available to the person reading your script.
- We can accept a maximum of two scripts from any writer in one calendar year. Once we have accepted and are reading your script, please do not submit any further scripts until you have received our response.
- You may submit any script once only. We cannot accept a script we have already read, regardless of redevelopment or changes.
- Scripts should be clearly formatted.
- All plays sent to us are automatically acknowledged but if you have any queries regarding your submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org